This year the Cambridge Prize returns to TSS.
Key details can be found below, with further details on submission guidelines further down.
The Cambridge Short Story Prize 2020
- Submission Period: 15th April 2020 – 15th June 2020 (ends midnight, UK time).
- Who can enter: Anyone. The competition is open internationally.
- Word Length: 2500
- Entry Fee: Early Bird (until midnight on 14th May) £8; £9 thereafter. We’re also offering 20 free entries for those in economic hardship on a first come, first served basis. Please email email@example.com for more details. UPDATE, we have added an additional 15 free short story entries, as of 02/06/20. A total of 3 free entry places remain. Updated: 10/06/20
- Prizes: £1000 (1st) £300 (2nd) £200 (3rd) and all remaining shortlisted will be awarded £50.
- Judge: Katy Darby
- Other Details: All shortlisted and winning writers will be published online across 2020.
- Announcements: We aim to have a longlist published by 15th July and the winners and shortlist released by 15th August.
Terms and Conditions
- Short Stories must be in English and must not exceed 2500 words in length, excluding title. There is no minimum word count.
- Entries should be 12 pt, a regular font, and at least 1.5 spaced.
- Please put the title and word count on the first page. Please number the pages.
- No author identification should be included on the entry. Work is judged anonymously.
- Authors may submit more than one Short Story, but each submission must be accompanied by a submission fee.
- Simultaneous submissions are allowed, but please let us know if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- Entries must not have been previously published online or in print, this includes personal blogs or social media accounts.
- Please submit as a DOC or DOCX. No PDFs please.
- IMPORTANT: Please remove punctuation from file names (especially apostrophes) as this can cause the submission to glitch.
- Other than the above request, please ensure the file name matches the title of your work. Please don’t add words like ‘final ‘ or ‘TSS’ to the file name as this means more admin time is taken up.
- Please note that refunds cannot be given and we ask all writers to really check they are subbing the correct draft of their work.
- Please sign up to the newsletter to keep up to date with announcements and results. Unfortunately we don’t have resources to email all entrants individually.
- TSS Publishing will ask for First Electronic Rights from all shortlisted and winning writers. Print rights will remain with the authors and electronic rights return to authors following publication on this website.
- If your work is accepted elsewhere, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: file name must NOT contain punctuation such as apostrophes.
Some older versions of Word struggle to upload correctly. If you have any difficulties submitting your work, please email email@example.com